809 Main Street, Vineyard Haven MA 02568
Waterfront WEST CHOP home with stunning views of Vineyard Sound and a sandy swimming beach. This large, classic Vineyard retreat is now ready to become the summer home for new owners who will make their own memories with friends and family in a very special location. The 6-bedroom home is set above the shoreline with over 100 feet of sandy beach on Vineyard Sound just yards from the end of the lawn. This is the perfect setting for sunning, swimming, sailing, fishing and kayaking. Sweeping water views are available from most living areas in the house, with glimpses of wooden sailing boats accentuating your view. At night, the twinkling lights of the mainland and fishing boats punctuate the darkness. The main living space on the first floor includes a light-filled and airy living room with arched ceilings and a large stone fireplace. The living room spills out onto a screened porch overlooking the open waters of the Sound. A master bedroom suite is on the first floor along with a dining room, additional sitting room with fireplace, kitchen, large pantry and mudroom. Just off the main living area is a 2-bedroom guest wing with a private bath. The second floor includes 3 additional guest bedrooms each more charming than the next. A new sea wall was added in 2013.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id28075
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- AppliancesStove: GE, Washer: Yes
- Water SourceTown
- FoundationFull basement
- Year Built1925
- Exterior FeaturesGarden, Patio, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Deeded, Porch - Screened, Water Views
- Other StructuresAttached 2 car garage. (Title V 9-bedroom septic)
- Parking Features2 car garage
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementFull basement with utilities including a generator.
- Lot FeaturesLandscaped with stone walls and large lawn
- Interior FeaturesIns,Irr,OSh, Floor 1: Large living room with fireplace, screened porch, master bedroom suite, dining room, kitchen with open pantry and a den with fireplace. A separate wing of the house can be accessed through the main part of the house or a private courtyard entrance. This portion of the house has 2 additional bedrooms, full bath and laundry room with storage., Floor 2: 3 additional bedrooms are located on the 2nd floor along with a full bath and a half bath. Off one of the bedrooms is a hidden bunkroom perfect for little ones.
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:17 PM