76 Edgartown Bay Road, Edgartown MA 02539
A sumptuous property with some of the best views of Katama Bay you will ever see from a private residence. The wooden boats of the Inner Harbor to the north seem so close you could reach out and touch them, and Chappy appears to be but a paddle away. Plainly visible to the south-east is the barrier beach, the Ocean surf, and on a clear day you can see Nantucket. With their impeccable taste the owners have created a sanctuary that is warm and elegant. No attention to detail has been spared - from the lush landscaping and hardscaping to the hand-carved scrimshaw in one of several fireplaces, from the hand-painted tiles in the master bath steam shower to the irrigated flower boxes. The list of details that make this custom home unique is extensive and worthy of attention from the discriminating buyer. As seen in the aerial image, a Sheriff's Meadow Beach is located immediately across from the property.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id18701
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- AppliancesStove: y, Washer: y
- Water SourceWell
- FoundationFull basement
- Year Built1979
- Other StructuresA few stepping stones from the main house brings you to the charming Writers Cottage. With a good book, sink into a leather chair by the fire, wirelessly respond to email, or root for a favorite team on TV. The window-seat water views, antique oak floors, and a ceiling of polished mahogany beadboard, foster an illusion of being in the Captain's Quarters of a sturdy old ship.Through a private cottage door, into the romantic under-the-stars Garden Bath with rose-covered arbors, take a hot soak in the antique iron tub, or shower by the light of the moon.
- Parking FeaturesYES
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementFull basement with special cedar closetry.
- Lot FeaturesYES
- Interior FeaturesFloor 1: Dual entrances to the home, from the front or rear, brings you into a charming entry. To the right, enter a large family room with a majestic stone fireplace., Floor 2: Ascend to the main living area which has been architecturally placed on the second level in order to maximize spectacular water views - Edgartown Harbor to the North East, across Katama Bay to Chappaquiddick Island, and to the Atlantic beyond South Beach. Your breath will be taken by the uniqueness of the great room. The striking bead board rooflines converge into a kaleidoscopic design. The reclaimed antique oak floor welcomes bare feet. The opposite end of the great room greets the morning sunrise with postcard water views North, East and South over cascading window boxes., Floor 3: Take a cup of coffee up to the nest, where bestselling books have been authored. Three hundred degree water views greet you from every direction. As sailboat masts bob in the cove, open the French doors to hear an orchestration of Vineyard birds and seagulls, as a fresh breeze wafts through the room.
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, May 31, 2023 at 9:46 PM