68 North Water Street, Edgartown MA 02539
An expansive compound in the heart of Edgartown village does not come to the market very often. A stunning renovation by Stern McCafferty Architecture + Interiors has yielded a home that seamlessly blends the old and new, the historic with the contemporary. Light, bright, and with the highest levels of finished detail, the home is filled with details to remind you that you are in one of the most richly historic communities in all of New England. Just look out the front windows and watch the yachts pass between the beautiful waterfront homes and it calls to mind that only a few generations ago it was whaling vessels that dominated the water views and the homes themselves belonged to successful ship’s captains. The 4,100 s.f. main house and 660 s.f. guest house with sweeping lawn, lovely manicured gardens and oversized swimming pool is an oasis in bustling North Water Street with its brick sidewalks, traditional streetlights, and signature Greek Revival homes. Step inside and you enter a sophisticated home with a contemporary sensibility. Sleek modern furniture and furnishings are juxtaposed with traditional architectural details. In keeping with the modern desire for an open plan living there is lots of space for gatherings of friends and family. There are four large bedrooms with three baths – one of which is a master ensuite with office, and on the third level, a large sleeping and play space for younger kids, also with a full bath. The swimming pool is set within the beautiful gardens and is one of the largest pools in the village at 42’ x 18’. At the far end of the property is a charming two-bedroom cottage and garage. A parking court is accessed off a private lane on Morse Street which is large enough to park an abundance of cars. The property is a gem in the crown of historic North Water Street.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id35647
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths2
- AppliancesStove: Yes, Washer: Yes
- Water SourceTown
- Year Built1784
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Patio, Private Pool, Beach Access - Public
- Other StructuresGuest house and in ground gunite pool. There is a bathroom in which you access from the outside of the guest house for easy access when at the pool along with an outdoor shower.
- Parking FeaturesYes, off street parking for multiple cars
- BasementFull basement - laundry room
- Lot FeaturesProfessionally landscaped with beautiful gardens
- Interior FeaturesA,AC,Ins,Irr,Media,OSh, Floor 1: The first floor is comprised of an open chef's kitchen and dining area, sitting/tv room, formal living room, casual living room and office/sitting room, and powder room., Floor 2: The Master bedroom suite includes an office with a fireplace, private bath, and private deck. There is an additional bedroom with a private bath and 2 more bedrooms with a jack & jill bathroom between the 2 bedrooms., Floor 3: Large game room/hang-out space with additional built-in beds for overflow guests that leads to a deck that overlooks the beautiful gardens and pool. To finish off the amazing light-filled space there is a full bathroom.
- Listing UpdatedThursday, June 1, 2023 at 12:18 AM