53 Hilltop Road, Vineyard Haven MA 02568
THE SWEETEST SPOT IN WEST CHOP. Just once in a blue moon, a property of this character, charm and quality becomes available on the island. Renovated from top to bottom, pursuant to plans by noted architect Patrick Ahearn in 2012, this absolutely charming West Chop compound, with Main House and Carriage House, features all of the iconic elements of a quintessential picture-postcard Vineyard home. Attractive architectural design details include a welcoming covered porch, beautiful pine floors and tile work, custom beaded board, v-groove and raised paneling, plus top-quality fixtures and appliances. This charming home features three levels of living space, all with French doors that open onto outdoor decks, covered terraces and a large screened porch which is idyllic for indoor-outdoor living and entertaining. Set on over two acres, this property enjoys a special sense of place overlooking a golden meadow and framed by a gorgeous stone wall, billowing blue hydrangeas and exquisite perennial gardens. The sandy shores of the Mink Meadows Association Beach are just a short bike ride away and membership to Mink Meadows Golf Club is available without the wait list. Located within close proximity to the West Chop Club, the Yacht Club and Vineyard Haven Village, this is an extraordinary home and opportunity for summer or year-round living.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id36881
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- AppliancesStove: Wolf® 6-Burner Gas Range, Washer: Electrolux® + Fridgidaire® Stackable
- Water SourceTown
- FlooringPine Floors + Tile
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Year Built1999
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Patio, Porch, Porch - Screened, Beach Access - Association, Covenants
- Parking FeaturesAmple Off-Street Parking + 2-Car Garage
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementThe fully finished and sunny walk-out Lower Level features a Family/TV Room with French Doors that open onto a covered terrace and the expansive backyard as the perfect gathering spot. There are three bedrooms all with en suite baths plus a large laundry room with a separate entrance from the backyard and terrace.
- Lot FeaturesBeautiful Grounds With Stone Walls, Mature Plantings + Perennial Gardens
- Interior FeaturesAC,Ins,Irr,OSh, Floor 1: The welcoming first floor is comprised of an open-designed Living/Dining Room with charming details plus a Cook's Kitchen with breakfast bar featuring custom milled cabinetry, stone countertops, top-grade appliances, a farmer's sink and plenty of storage. There is a separate, spacious Family/TV Room with built-in shelves and cabinets that is perfect for relaxing. All of the Main Floor living areas open up onto a second-floor deck or large screened porch, perfect for al fresco dining and entertaining or to relax and enjoy the superlative meadow views., Floor 2: The entire top floor of the home is an extraordinary Owner's Suite featuring a private landing area, a spacious bedroom with sitting area and French doors that open onto a large third-floor deck with exquisite views across the meadow. There is a walk-in closet and also a separate room that can be used as an Office, Studio or Fitness Room. There is also a luxurious Owner's Bath with a Carrara marble double vanity and a large glass walk-in shower.
- Listing UpdatedThursday, June 1, 2023 at 12:29 AM