44 North Water Street, Edgartown MA 02539
THE JOHN BUTLER HOUSE: HISTORIC CAPTAIN'S HOUSE WITH WATER VIEWS AND POOL. Built originally by Edgartown's first whaling family in 1795, the John Butler House has been transformed by Cannada Design Architects into one of the premier luxury homes in Edgartown Village. This stunning Captain's Home features luxurious styling and period details throughout, including custom raised paneling and moldings plus wide-planked flooring. The first floor is comprised of a formal Living Room and Dining Room, both designed for gracious entertaining. Casual everyday living is centered around the Great Room which combines a gourmet cook's kitchen, casual eating space, built-in bar and butler's pantry -- plus a comfortable lounge area with TV and fireplace. The home has been smartly designed to integrate indoor and outdoor living; the Great Room opens out to a covered living and dining portico with outdoor fireplace and heated pool. The home features a total of six spacious bedrooms, each with en suite bath, including a detached Garage/Carriage House with bedroom and full bath. The partially finished walk-out basement includes an additional living space, including one of the bedroom suites, and is accessible through the Main House OR its own private entrance off North Water Street. Finally, the rooftop widow's walk is the perfect spot to enjoy warm summer afternoons and the spectacular sweeping views across Edgartown Harbor. Combine all this with exquisite furnishings which are available for separate purchase.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id30832
- Full Baths6
- Half Baths1
- AppliancesStove: Yes, Washer: Yes
- Water SourceTown
- FlooringHardwood + Tile + Carpet
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Year Built1795
- Exterior FeaturesPatio, Private Pool, Beach Access - Public, Water Views
- Parking FeaturesOff-Street Parking + One-Car Garage
- BasementThe partially finished walk-out basement includes a bedroom suite with full bath, plus ample storage areas.
- ViewHbr, Twn
- Interior FeaturesA,AC,Ins,OSh, Floor 1: Formal living and dining room plus great room combining kitchen, casual eating and family room area. The space opens to the outdoor living and dining areas. There is a half-bath located on this floor as well., Floor 2: Three of the five bedroom suites, each with private bath, are located on the second floor, including the master bedroom with vaulted ceiling, sitting area, private mahogany deck that overlooks the pool area. The deluxe master bath has double marble vanity, soaking tub, and two-person walk-in glass shower., Floor 3: The third floor "crow's nest" has a sitting area PLUS a bedroom suite with built-in berth twin beds and a full bath. Stairs lead up to the rooftop widow's walk which offers sweeping views of Edgartown Harbor.
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:39 PM