39 Sarita Walker Road, West Tisbury MA 02575
Private West Tisbury estate on 3 acres with access to Watcha Pond. This distinctive offering includes a four-bedroom main home, a two-bedroom guest house and an oversized two-bay garage with additional living space on the second level. Enjoy the casual elegance of this beautifully maintained 1830’s farmhouse with quality workmanship and thoughtful detailing throughout. The farmhouse had a complete frame-off restoration in the mid-90s to offer modernized living. Charming wood beams and custom built-ins are featured throughout the home along with a gourmet kitchen, sun-filled dining room, living room with brick fireplace, antique wood floors and updated bedrooms and baths. Privately sited from the main house is a charming guest house with wonderful views of the surrounding meadow. Watcha Pond is a pristine fresh water pond on the south shore of Martha’s Vineyard perfect for kayaking and paddle boarding. Offering sweeping pastoral views, a generous yard, lovely cultivated gardens and native landscape, this property is a true island retreat.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id39860
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- AppliancesStove: Yes, Washer: Yes
- Water SourceWell
- FoundationPoured Concrete
- Year Built1830
- Exterior FeaturesGarden, Patio, Beach Access - Public
- Other StructuresGarage - The garage has two bays, a workshop and plenty of storage for SUPS, kayaks and other outdoor gear. The garage is plumbed and includes a utility sink, a toilet and outdoor shower. There is a lofted 2nd floor for additional storage or can easily be converted into a great recreational space. Solar panels and a new roof were added in 2017. Behind the barn is a generator (replaced 2015) with separate propane tanks which can power the main house and guest house.
- Parking FeaturesYes
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementThe basement has been finished and offers many possibilities. The house underwent a major, frame-off renovation with a new foundation which created a full height, dry basement with ample storage. The laundry room is located at the base of the stairs and contains many of the utilities. There is a media room and another large open area great for an at-home gym or recreational room. A half bath and additional storage makes the basement a very diverse, added bonus living space.
- Lot FeaturesAccess to Watcha Pond, Yes
- Interior FeaturesIns,Media,OSh, Floor 1: Entering the main house through the entry way you are instantly aware of the well-maintained historic features of the home. The wide floorboards and exposed beams in the original section of the house are carried into the recently updated kitchen and dining room addition. The gourmet kitchen has ample storage, gas range, and coffee bar for the coffee enthusiast. One bedroom and full bathroom is located off the kitchen, while the other bedroom, currently being used as a study, is just off the living room. The large living room offers multiple sitting areas with working fireplace. Off the main entry is an office and a second full bath., Floor 2: The second floor holds two large bedrooms and a third full bathroom. Each room has vaulted ceilings and large windows to allow abundant light and cool breezes from the south shore.
- Listing UpdatedThursday, July 27, 2023 at 12:17 AM