38 Morse Street, Edgartown MA 02539
A stunning compound in the heart of Edgartown village. The Patrick Ahearn-designed main house, Carriage House, Cabana, and swimming pool are in the final construction stages by premier island builder Adam Moran and will be ready by July of 2020. The improvements are by the Island’s finest professionals, while the centerpiece of the compound was provided by Mother Nature – a magnificent 200-year-old Copper Beech tree. The main house is 5000 square feet and offers four levels of living space. The plans show the scope of the project but you must visit the property to understand the quality of the finished product and attention to detail that one naturally expects with a Patrick Ahearn home. So many of the design details are redolent of Edgartown architecture, from the red cedar roof on top to the redbrick details along the foundation. The quality is evident throughout. The front porch is the prime location to host your annual July 4th party and watch the parade go by. As much as it feels like an integral part of this historic village, this is a thoroughly modern house with large open living spaces and the most up-to-date conveniences. There is also the most modern technology to service the needs of the 2021 buyer. It is wired for sound – and just about everything else. The design and construction detail extends to the Carriage House and Cabana. There is a separate entrance from North Summer Street to the Carriage House, and incredibly, you can drive all the way through the private compound from Morse Street and exit on North Summer Street. The Carriage House has privacy if required and also fits naturally into the superb site design. Along with the gorgeous swimming pool area with spa and bluestone flagging, the Cabana provides the finishing touch to this compound. It includes an elegant living area that looks onto the pool as well as half bath. No detail has been forgotten. The beautiful new landscaping and hardscaping complement elements that are beyond the scope of any landscaping company – the towering Copper Beech tree in the backyard and also the Pagoda tree right in front of the house that was planted almost a century ago from a seedling from the famed landmark Pagoda tree on South Water Street. The property at 38 Morse Street is destined to quickly become one of Edgartown’s most desirable addresses and the yardstick by which other properties are measured.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id36716
- Full Baths8
- Half Baths2
- AppliancesStove: Yes, Washer: Yes
- Water SourceTown
- FlooringBeautiful hardwood floors, Carrera marble tile in all bathrooms
- Year Built1925
- Exterior FeaturesBeach Access - Public, Deck, Private Pool, Porch
- Other Structures14' x 34' inground pebble-tec pool with a cabana that has a sitting area and a half bathroom.
- Parking FeaturesLots of private parking
- BasementLower level has an exercise room, half bathroom, large bedroom with door to the outside plus a full bathroom. Large laundry area
- Lot FeaturesDriveway easement to garage/guesthouse off North Summer Street., Beautifully landscape with blue stone flagging around the pool
- Interior FeaturesA,AC,Ins,Irr,Media,OSh, Floor 1: Large front porch, library, full bathroom, formal living room, dining room, open state-of-the-art kitchen, family room with french doors to a large mahogany deck., Floor 2: Large master bedroom with his & her walk-in closets along with large private bathroom. Private deck overlooking the beautiful yard that has a 200-year-old beech tree that is stunning. Two additional bedroom en suites and laundry room for the owner's convenience (another laundry area in lower level/basement)., Floor 3: Playroom/bonus room and a large bedroom with full bathroom.
- Listing UpdatedThursday, June 1, 2023 at 12:27 AM