238 State Road Vineyard Haven
238 State Road, Vineyard Haven MA 02568
This charming and beloved 1920s bungalow style cottage is surrounded by stone walls and cheerful plantings and has been owned and treasured by the same family for over forty years. You'll feel a warm welcome as you enter the home, which is filled with light, vintage character, and thoughtful details. The original cottage has been expanded and you’ll be surprised by how much larger it feels than the square footage. The house offers three bedrooms, a large bathroom with bathtub and shower, an open living and dining area and a bright, pretty kitchen and additional living space in the lower level. The spacious and inviting yard features ample lawn, an outdoor shower, patio area, and an 8x12 shed filled with possibility. The location is wonderfully convenient. Easily accessible to Vineyard Haven's grocery stores, restaurants, shopping, and culture as well as the local school, the ferry and Owen Park's beach and dock. The property has been well-cared for and features numerous updates like new windows and doors, siding, trim, gutters and shingles, a new oil-fired ducted heat system and propane hot water heater, and 4-bedroom septic system. The property features off-street parking, although there's no need for a car with the town center, harbor, and ferry terminal just minutes away. This is a unique opportunity for Buyers: whether you're seeking an adorable Vineyard vacation cottage or a year-round family home, this very special property is not to be missed!
Listing Courtesy of Tea Lane Associates
- Mls Id41444
- Full Baths1
- AppliancesStove: propane, Washer: Speed Queen
- Water SourceTown
- Foundationconcrete block
- Year Built1920
- Exterior FeaturesPatio, Beach Access - Public
- Other StructuresCharming 8X12 shed as additional space for a bunk house, play space, office, or art studio.
- Parking Featuresyes
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementPartially finished with one bedroom and sitting area and laundry. Partial concrete crawl for storage. Interior AND bulkhead access.
- Lot Featuresyes
- Interior FeaturesIns,OSh,WdStove, Floor 1: There are three entries into the house. The front door opens into a hallway, the side door opens into a foyer and then the dining area, the back door opens onto the yard. The first floor features an open living and dining area, the kitchen, a full bathroom and three bedrooms., Floor 2: N/A
- Listing UpdatedTuesday, January 23, 2024 at 1:52 AM