15 Hewing Field, Chilmark MA 02535
This Chilmark home is perched on a bluff just off of Middle Road. It is a quintessential up-island sanctuary on just over three acres. The home site is clear of trees allowing for plentiful light to stream into the Cape-style home with wood shingle exterior. Woods surround the large lawn and garden providing complete privacy from neighboring homes and a special private forest with winding paths that lead down to additional walking trails.Inside, the hardwood floors and attractive light-colored post and beam throughout the home are delightful to the eye. The open floor plan surrounds a central brick fireplace in the cozy living room. Off the living room, one of the most attractive rooms in the house is the sunken solarium. It has floor to ceiling windows and skylights providing a great sitting space regardless of the season. The kitchen features a butcher’s block breakfast island and generous space for cooking. Winter nights and cool summer evenings are warmed by a wood burning stove in the kitchen connected to the back of the brick fireplace. On the second floor the post and beam construction continues accentuating the high gabled ceilings. Each of the bedrooms has skylights providing abundant light into the second floor spaces. Priced to sell at under a million dollars, the opportunity to own this serene slice of Chilmark will not last long.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id28475
- Full Baths2
- AppliancesStove: yes, Washer: yes
- Water SourceWell
- Flooring2 levels - hardwood/ tile
- Year Built1988
- Exterior FeaturesGarden, Patio, Beach Access - Public
- Other StructuresLarge wooden garden shed with neat outdoor shower.
- Parking Featuresample
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementFull basement
- Lot FeaturesPicturesque tall trees and mature plantings
- Interior FeaturesIns,OSh,WdStove, Floor 1: Open floor plan with sunken solarium, kitchen with breakfast island with corian counter tops and wood burning stove. Large living room with brick fireplace. Mud room entryway and full bathroom., Floor 2: Three bedrooms and a full bath with laundry area.
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, May 31, 2023 at 11:20 PM