124 Main Street, Vineyard Haven MA 02568
The 1808 Edmund Crowell House, a center-chimney Cape, overlooks Owen Park, the town beach, and Vineyard Haven harbor. With distant sparkling views of the crossing ferries, sail boats at anchor and spectacular sunrise, this vintage gem has been devotedly updated and maintained over the years. Many antique features have been preserved, including wide-board floors and wainscoting. The high-ceilinged first floor contains a parlor, an alcove study, den, dining room that opens through French doors to a stone patio, a contemporary kitchen, and three wood-burning fireplaces. The house is centrally heated and air-conditioned. There are two primary bedrooms on the first floor, one with an ensuite full bath and the other with an adjoining full bath. Upstairs are three additional bedrooms and two full baths. The yard is lovingly cared for with professional landscaped gardens surrounding the house, including red, pink, and yellow roses, a raised stone strawberry and herb garden, apple and pear trees, and numerous flowering perennials. The property also includes a one-car garage and garden potting shed. Enjoy easy access to the ferry, downtown shops, and restaurants. Or enjoy an evening at the Playhouse, a day on the beach, or a concert at the bandstand in Owen Park. Covenant to the William Street Historic District. OPEN HOUSE: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9th 12:00pm - 2:00pm. We request that you would please wear a mask as owners are in residence.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id39178
- Full Baths4
- AppliancesStove: Heartland (Electric), Washer: Yes-Blomberg
- Water SourceTown
- Year Built1808
- Exterior FeaturesPatio, Water Views, Beach Access - Public, Garden
- Other StructuresGarden Shed in backyard, detached one car garage
- Parking FeaturesYes
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementThere is a partial basement, with a workshop, that can be accessed from inside the house off the front hall.
- Lot FeaturesPleasant yard with patio and professional landscaping
- Interior FeaturesAC,Ins, Floor 1: The front entrance is inviting, with a classic parlor and fireplace on the right. A primary ensuite bedroom with full bath is accessed through the parlor and also enjoys a wood-burning fireplace. The dining room is the focal room on this floor with a third fireplace and an alcove study/office space at the front of the house. French doors in this room lead to a fabulous stone patio for extended outdoor entertaining. A naturally bright den with pleasant views of the harbor and a bay window that overlooks the patio is cleverly located off the dining room. The updated modern kitchen with cathedral ceilings and access to the patio for easy outdoor entertaining is at the back of the house, and the second primary bedroom and adjoining full bath is behind it, offering quiet space., Floor 2: The front two bedrooms offer pleasant distant Harbor views – one on the left of the stairs and the other to the right. The third bedroom on this floor is centrally located with an adjoining full bath and can be accessed through the hall or the front bedroom. The second full bath at the end of the hall completes this floor.
- Listing UpdatedThursday, June 1, 2023 at 12:47 AM