1 North Slope Lane, Chilmark MA 02535
Completely renovated antique home with oversized guesthouse on 4+ acres AND deeded access to a north shore beach. This is your opportunity to own the Benjamin Fletcher Mayhew house (c.1786), which is listed in Chilmark's historic house registry. This 18th century 4-bedroom residence with 900 sf guesthouse has been meticulously refurbished by the builder-owner who is specially trained to renovate antique homes. Set on a very special piece of land over 4 acres in size, the property is graced with a lily pond and ancient, lichen-covered stone walls. In addition to deeded walking access to Brickyard Beach on the north shore, there is a special "neighbors only" permission to access on foot or horseback the massive Land Bank property at the top of the hill. Brand new 6-bedroom septic and well in place. Neighboring 4+ acre lot also available for purchase. Additional notes: All interior and exterior trimwork was made by hand with period molding planes. Post and Beam restoration and repair was done by the former Plymouth Plantation Master Timber Framer, Michael Burrey, and his crew. All replacement beams were hand-hewn and shaped with period tools. Windows are all period reproduction units with seeded glass.
Listing Courtesy of Wallace & Co. Sotheby's International Realty
- Mls Id22670
- Full Baths3
- AppliancesStove: y, Washer: y
- Water SourceWell
- Year Built1760
- Exterior FeaturesDeck, Community Tennis Court
- Other StructuresRecent comment from a renter: "This property is even more lovely than the pictures and description. It manages to be luxurious and serene without the clutter of a lot of rentals. Airy and spacious, appointed in a simple and gracious manner, both the farmhouse and guesthouse are beautifully laid out. If you're a space geek like me and you care about the arrangement of rooms and the flow of how space works in a site then you'll be in heaven here. You can find cozy and expansive, with areas for both privacy and quiet as well as convening spaces for gathering and play. The filtered green light under the boughs of trees on one side of the house was a perfect place for reading and eating. The large dining room table off the spacious kitchen can easily seat 10 people. And the decks were perfect for listening to the frogs and watching the stars. One night we saw 10 shooting stars in a row in a milky lit sky of soft air. There is a lotus pond and one day I meditated on a rock at its edge. In fact the whole property will beckon you to different spaces at different times. The outdoor shower is a divine way to return from nearby Lucy Vincent Beach-- one of the most beautiful you'll ever see. The owners were extremely friendly, helpful and relaxed. I couldn't recommend this property more highly."
- SewerSeptic Tank
- BasementAccessed via outside or from inside by trapdoor
- Interior FeaturesIns,OSh,WdStove
- Listing UpdatedWednesday, May 31, 2023 at 10:28 PM